Saturday 16 August 2014

Daily Style: Maid Dress

Another maid outfit test! I wanted to try it with my new wig, i really like the wig with the dress, but i also wanted to try with my new black and white shoes, which i don't think work so well. I also will need a matching maid headband. I have now sewn a white one which would work with this wig.



I like the cat ears but i am not sure if i will be a neko maid. 



This was my original plan for my maid character, with this wig. I didn't have a maid headband to match for the photos so I have just put in a cute pony clip. But I will use a white maid headband when I wear this outfit.





I still can't decide which wig I like best for this! I guess it depends if i will want short or long hair. 

This maid dress was bought on eBay from China and was so tiny i couldn't do it up at the front, so I added white panels down both sides of the dress, to give it the extra inches needed. It worked out really well! I just started cutting at it and pinning white fabric in, i really didn't know what i was doing haha But I am so pleased because the dress itself is really cute!

Outfits: 

Dress:
From eBay from this seller, but if you had read my older posts you will know that it didn't arrive in time for what i wanted it for, it took a month and a half, so I thought it was lost and i got a refund but then it showed up a week after that! It did cost £10.12 plus £5.95 postage which after looking around for a dress was a very good price! The dress itself is very lovely, and has a great shape. It is just very small, yes it does say the measurements on the listing but i had hoped that it might stretch, which it does not! The arms were also very tight, so I continued my white paneling up and under the arms too.

Stock photo: 


Here you can see the white panel that i added, i think it looks fine! You wouldn't even notice that it was not supposed to be there.

Petticoat: From eBay from this seller, I won it for £3.74! It is a nice petticoat, maybe not as full as others but you can keep playing with it and pull it out to get it shape. I might even use two together,  a soft one and this net one, if i buy another one sometime. 

Stock photo: 


Socks: 
Blue lolita socks - ebay
White thigh high socks - ebay

Shoes: 

White platform lolita shoes - eBay
sorry I need to photograph these shoes properly

Wigs: 
Purple/grey wig - ebay
Click here to Enlarge

Pink wig - ebay




No comments:

Post a Comment