Wednesday 1 April 2015

Daily Style: Squirrel Party OP

I am so excited, I received my Squirrel Party Bodyline dress this week!! 
IT IS SOOO CUTE!!

Ahem.

So let's start with the package from Bodyline.
I ordered the OP, a petticoat and an extra bow since it was $3 I thought; why not. 

I chose the free shipping option on their website, I then went on to talk with some people on a community about their experiences with Bodyline's free shipping, and well, I was kind of regretting picking it. Some have had things lost, stuck in customs, taken months and months to arrive etc...

But my package arrived in 6 working days! It says on their website they send out every Tuesday, so I had to wait for a Tuesday, since I ordered on a Friday I think. I recieved my tracking email on the Monday and it updated on Tuesday saying it was awaiting shipment.
A few days later it said it was shipped, and then I didn't check since I figured it would be at least 4 weeks like it states on their website. I checked on the next Monday and it said it had arrived in Stockholm, I figured it would take another couple of days to get to me. I check my post box and there was a note saying I have a package to collect!!! It was ridiculously fast. 

My items all came together, they can package things separately if it is too heavy. 
My dress came in the red Bodyline bag as well as the bow had a small one. The petticoat came in a clear plastic bag. 

The extra bow, i think it is actually the Carousel print.
Link here.
Petticoat, I picked one because it was $10, and I thought I would test it out.

After watching a review by a big Lolita blogger, she advised to not bother with BL petti's as they loose their puff in a day or so. I  thought the petti was very short, but it added some extra puff when I wore it over another petti. I guess I will wait and see how long it lasts. It is very soft and light though, as my only other petti I own is a more hard, netted one, it is nice to have two different ones.

Here are some close ups of the OP:
(When I was looking into buying the dress I COULD NOT find any decent photos of what the actual print looks like anywhere, and the photos on BL are so small so I made to sure to take some.)

Front:
Back:
Print on skirt:
Ties at the back: 
Extra bow: 

It was dark when I opened this but I think the colour green is very close to how it looks in real life.
In the following photos it looks more like a light blue, but it is a light green, and looks lighter in the sun.
Here are some photos of my full coord:
And a bag I might use with it, although I have ordered one of those pony bags from eBay which I was planning to use for it also:

Outfit:

Dress:
So yes, we have established it's Bodyline's Squirrel Party in green, and wow do I love it!
This is my first "proper" Lolita dress, they are called "OP" which means one piece. I prefer these to the "JSK" style dresses (jumper skirts, which are the ones with straps that you wear shirts under).
So, the dress. I picked green, because I love green and it seems to suit me. The green colour is very vibrant, and a really pretty shade. The print around the bottom of the skirt is so damn cute, little squirrels on mushrooms with cakes and presents, it has a birthday theme; I am not sure why, but hey it's super cute. The top part of the dress has elasticated sleeves, a fully ruched back, bows down the front middle, nipped in waist, and full skirt. I was surprised by the length of the skirt, it has a proper length for Lolita style which is good as it needs petticoats underneath which makes it come up shorter. 
I just find myself staring at this dress in my wardrobe now, just looking at the details and the print. The material, I guess, could be slightly softer, but maybe it will feel better after a wash, but I am nit picking now. (I think i read that these dresses are suitable for machine washing.)
I went for size 2L and it fits me quite well, it doesn't feel tight or too loose, although one thing I noticed was at the front of the neck it kind of sticks outwards like it was too big around my neck? But maybe doing up the ties on the back ruching will help that. The dress came with the extra detachable bow with a pin on the back, I just slipped it over a spare headband and used it as a headbow! Perfect.
---- not to forget, when buying from BL, ALWAYS switch the currency back to yen before buying, you will get your items cheaper. My whole order came to 4,159yen, and when paypal took the money out it was about 24 british pounds! The whole order for just that! Talk about chuffed.

Petticoats: I am wearing the new one I talked about here from BL as well as one I already own. I think the two made a good dress poof. I also have my homemade bloomers underneath those. 

Socks: From eBay. 

Shoes: RHS, second hand. 


Hair clips: My cute Meowchi hair clips from Tasty Peach Studios,  don't they just match the colour scheme perfectly?

Lenses: I have some new lenses today, these are from Candy Lenses. They are EOS Ice Violet and I think they suit my OP which the flecks of purple throughout.
These lenses are much better than the previous ColourVUE ones I had. These violet ones are so clear I don't know I have them on, with the previous ones I could see a dark haze around my eyes which I didn't like. Now I can understand how people wear circle lenses a whole day. They are amazing.
Here is a close up of my eyes without them and with them in, and with make up done:
You can see there is a small colour change, but I think they really give me bigger doll eyes, and they really look quite natural with my blue eyes.

Necklace: My pink pony from I think it was Violle Ville.

Wrist cuffs: Homemade white lace wrist cuffs.

Green glasses: eBay.

I think I will tweak this coord and add mint tights and my pink rocking horse shoes, but they are currently still in the UK until the summer. I think it is too white on the bottom, and I think I might wear some pastel bracelets instead of the wrist cuffs. But overall I am so happy with my first "proper" coord with an OP.

Tell me what you think in the comments n.n

No comments:

Post a Comment